Monday, July 6, 2009

Monster Trucks, Firetrucks, Sparklers, Oh My!

We had a busy Fourth of July weekend. As of Friday morning, we had NO plans. The Husband and I were complaining about it and feeling sorry for ourselves that no one liked us ;) Saturday morning dawned and we had a full two days of nothing planned, which never, ever happens. But then the phone started ringing and the days soon filled up with activities. We ended up going to two cookouts, and had a fabulous time. Last year, Little Man was terrified of all fireworks, and wanted to stay inside all night long. That suited his overprotective momma just fine. As far as I'm concerned, the farther away from a burning projectile he is, the better. This year, however, he was fascinated by them, and his daddy shot off a few with him. I mean, what car and truck obsessed little boy could resist monster truck and firetruck fireworks? Little Man had a blast, me, a minor anxiety attack.

Little Man and The Husband with a Sparkler


We all made it home safe, tired, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment