I think I may need a sign hanging across my bed,
WARNING: ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Usually my bed is my sanctuary. I love my bed. It's so soft and cushion-y, the sheets smell so good...
It was not so much a sanctuary, today, however.
It started about 4:00 this morning, when Baby Girl awoke. None of my usual tricks for soothing her worked, so I did what any sleep-deprived mama would do. I put her in bed with me, snuggled close, and let her nurse to her heart's content. Soon, we were both sound asleep. About 5:30 or so, I woke up just a little bit, Baby Girl must have been moving around, because out of nowhere my hand shot out and grabbed Baby Girl as she started to roll off the bed. Way to go mama instinct! I was mostly asleep, with my eyes closed, and still managed to grab Baby Girl as she was headed for a fall. The good news is that I broke her fall a bit, but, sadly, she got a good, solid hit by the nightstand on her way down to the floor. So Baby Girl, understandably, was crying. I assessd... she's okay... but she has a little bump and bruise on the side of her face. It could have been much worse, and she soon calmed down, so we tried to go back to sleep. Only Baby Girl would have none of it. I can't blame her, as she was just rudely awakened with a big ouchie to the head and an unceremonious fall to the floor. So we stayed awake until about 6:30. (did I mention that I didn't go to bed until midnight?) Finally, she managed to settle down and sleep, only to wake up again about 7:30. Now as any mama knows, when you wake up at 7:30, you better stay awake, or chaos will soon descend on your house in the form of children who are more awake than their mama. But I was so, so tired. So I gave Baby Girl the remote control, which she loves to play with, and closed my eyes for a few more minutes of blissful rest, until....WHACK! Instant, hot pain right in between the eyes. I was too stunned and hurt to make a sound, cry, breathe. She hit me with the remote and my word it HURT, HURT, HURT! A few minutes passed, and after I collected myself I looked in the mirror. Everything seemed okay, there was just a little red spot. I'm thought to myself, "I must be a wimp, because this sure hurts a lot worse than a little red spot.." And, well, guess what? A few hours later I looked again and saw the beginnings of two black eyes. Lovely...Actually it is a bit lovely. Thankfully they aren't "OMG, what happened to you?!" black eyes. Instead, they're a bit sultry and smokey. A little sexy, I guess.
I know one thing, though, for the sexy look I'll take makeup over this any day.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment