Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mission Status: Failed

Little Man spent the night at Grandma's last night.

Joy of joys, I had a good night's sleep. Evidently, Baby Girl did, too, as she didn't wake up until 8:30.

So when a friend sent me a text at 8:40, "on our way to the zoo, want to meet," I was a little torn. YES, I wanted to meet her. She's a good friend, an old friend, and she lives overseas right now, so when she's in town for a visit I jump at every chance I get to see her. However, the zoo opens at 9:00, and it seemed like my friend would be there waiting at the gates for them to open, and at 8:40, I hadn't showered, hadn't eaten, and was about to feed the baby. Let me put it this way, I hadn't even made the coffee yet. I also had a million little errands I wanted to do since I only had one child with me. However, I decided to go. So I step it into high gear, and by 9:30 Baby Girl and I are strapped in the car and ready. I put the key in the ignition, turn it, and......nothing. Hmm, that's weird, let me try again. Turn the key.....nothing. I didn't mention that I'm in The Husband's car, as he took my car into the shop this morning, it needs new tires. So there I was, I already told my friend I'd meet her, I jumped in the shower, got myself and Baby Girl ready at lightening speed, packed a bag with snacks and water for the zoo, installed the carseat in The Husband's car (not an easy task!), put the stroller in The Husband's car, scrounged around for a spare pair of sunglasses and a hat, as I keep mine in my car.....and the car won't start.

Arrrrrgggggg!!!!

I call The Husband, and he's able to come home to take a look. Turns out he left an interior light on last night after cleaning out his car for me. He was able to jump the car and get it started, but sadly, the zoo trip was history.

Oh well, just another day in the life of a busy, young family. Better luck next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment