Monday, May 11, 2009

How I love my MIL

I have an almost perfect MIL, and let me tell you, I know what a blessing that is. Yesterday, she really came through for us, in a big way. It had been awhile, say 2 months or so, since The Husband and I had been out together - alone. Now I know full well it's our fault for letting so much time pass without any quality time together, but what can I say? The self-employed workaholic and stay at home mom of two kids just couldn't get it together. Until yesterday, that is. We had an impromptu date! How exciting is that? Not only a date, a real one, but a spur of the moment one at that?

It all started when Little Man spent the night at Grandma's house. I was planning on picking him up after his nap, then rushing home in time to cook dinner. Now MIL lives about 40 minutes or so away, so by the time I drive out there, visit for awhile, load up the kids, then drive home it's taken up all of a morning or afternoon. Well, The Husband called around lunch and offered to pick up Little Man for me. I told him thank you but not to worry about it since I was planning on running a few errands out that way. Well, turns out The Husband was having a horrible day at work, saw no way to progress on any of his projects, so he said he'd come home early and we'd drive out there together. Yeah! Not only that, but then he said, "let's leave the kids with grandma and go have a cup of coffee and see an early movie."

Who is this husband?!

Leaving the kids in capable and trustworthy hands to go have a date with my husband - heaven. So we solicited the MIL, who was thrilled at the idea of having both kids for few hours, and off we went!

How sweet is my husband, and how sweet is my MIL?

Hugh Jackman in Wolverine wasn't too shabby, either;)

No comments:

Post a Comment