Well, this post really has nothing to do with heat, or kitchens, or anything of the like.
It has to do with crime, specifically crime in my neighborhood.
Huh?
In the wee hours of the night a bunch of hooligans decided to go on a crime spree. At last count, and with only 2/3 of the street surveyed, 13 cars had been broken into. Violently. Our hooligans didn't just jimmy a lock, they busted out windows. The local glass repair shop actually sent representatives to canvas the street in search of victims of smash and grab. (Makes one wonder, maybe the glass repair shop needed some business -I'm just kidding, but it made us think!) And if you are wondering, yes, we one of those unfortunate families who woke up to a broken car window and subsequent repair bill (thanks Hooligans, we really needed that extra excitement this morning, not to mention the loss of $150 or so just so you could steal $2 in change). Sigh... I'm venting here because, well, my friends and family with either say or think the following: "That's what you get for living where you live." In a way, they're right, it is an urban neighborhood. However, it's just sad that to live in a great, wonderful community like this we also end up living with this kind of stuff. I am so thankful I can vent in the land of anonymity, because I don't really feel like defending the Ol' Hood and listing all of its virtues today, thank you very much. Whew, I feel better already, thanks to a little blogging and a Starbucks iced coffee (thank you Starbucks for sending me a coupon for a free coffee!). Now off to the usual excitement for the day - cleaning this house and wiping noses - after this morning I'll take it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment