Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hello World!

Well, I finally decided to jump on the blog bandwagon. As my mom would say, if my friends jumped off a bridge, I might just do it, too. I don't know about that, but I do have a few friends with blogs, and I greatly enjoy reading them, so….here goes my first attempt at this blogging thing. If you want to know a little bit about me, here it is… I’m a thirty something Southern gal married to a forty something guy. He can’t claim to be Southern, although he’s lived here for the past almost 30 years. We have our two sweet little munchkins, a son born in the summer of ‘06 and daughter born in the fall of ‘08. I’m going to call myself The Mama, my husband The Husband, and the kids Little Man and Baby Girl.

You can already tell how creative I am, right? Ha…

We live in the South, in a fairly big city on a pretty big river. I’ve lived here all my life, and my husband settled here when he was about 10 or so. Before kids, I worked in the allied health care field. I still do work a little, but I am blessed to mostly be able to stay home and enjoy my little ones. A friend once told me that for the first three years of life you just gotta marinate those kids with love, and that’s exactly what I’m doing. My husband is in the business/finance world, and he works an insane number of hours, but he’s a wonderful husband and father who works hard so his kids can have their momma at home.

If you’re wondering about the name of the blog..well, I mentioned that we live in a city. Now, when I say that, I mean the city. No surburia for this family. We live in a hip, funky, recently revitalized city neighborhood - and we love it. Sure, it has its drawbacks…some blight, some riffraff, but it also has its advantages. We walk to some of the best restaurants in the city, as well as some favorite coffee shops and stores. There’s always something fun going on -it’s a great neighborhood and a community, pure and simple. We do get teased a bit by friends and relatives, for living on “the wrong side of the tracks,” and we do live right near a trainyard.

We’re on the right side of the tracks, but barely. Hence the name Our Side of the Tracks.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment