Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mission Organization (and while we're at it What Not To Wear) where are you? I need you!

There are certain things I expected with motherhood, like lots of cuddles and hugs, bedtime stories, tantrums, an extra 5 (make that 20) pounds, but the complete and utter disintegration of the organization of my home I did not expect.

I used to pride myself on my organization and cleanliness. Sometimes I think God is using motherhood as a tool, you know "pride cometh before the fall" and all. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? Anyway... the past few years have been a blur of baby gear and toddler toys and little money or creative ideas on what to do with all these things. I try to keep up, but the kiddos and their stuff are beating the pants off me.

Yowser, this place is a mess.

One of those messes where even after you clean it's still somehow messy.

My mother-in-law came over unexpectedly the other day. Well, let me clarify, The Husband invited her over and forgot to tell me. Which really isn't a big deal, ya'll know how I love the mother-in-law. However, I had been way overscheduled this past week, and since I'm the only one [and I say this with a smile, ya'll ;)] who cleans this house, well, the house was messy. Not just messy, but dirty messy. So when I walk in the door and see Grandma (surprise!) I am truly embarrassed and mumble something like, "I'm so embarrassed, the house is a mess." To which she replies, "Oh, your house is not messy, it's just... cluttered."

Oh how I wanted to melt right into the floor and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment