Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Letting go is hard to do...

Baby Girl has been sleeping more and more in her crib these days. Typically she sleeps in a portable crib in our room, but winds up in our bed sometime during the night. She still nurses, and since she and Little Man share a room (and that room is all the way upstairs), it's just easier that way. Our thinking so far has been that we all get more sleep with her downstairs and we're not dealing with horrible sleep training. However, the other night when Little Man was spending the night at Grandma's, we put Baby Girl in her crib for the night - all night.




She did beautifully, slept soundly all night long. Mama slept too, all night, which was the best part. Since then we've been putting Baby Girl in her crib upstairs for naps, and we're hoping to begin using it overnight. It's been hard, because it's not worth it to me if putting Baby Girl upstairs wakes up Little Man. It's been coming along slowly, and honestly, I'm a little sad about the whole thing. I love, love, love snuggling with my baby girl in the middle of the night, but....I'm tired. I've been almost seven months with a baby sleeping by, or in, my bed and oh my has my sleep suffered. I've realized it's time to let go a little, and while watching my children grow is one of my greatest joys, it also hurts just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment