Thursday, May 14, 2009

Little Man is "Too Cute!"

A few of the things Little Man has said or done lately...



I like to cup Little Man's chin and rub or pat his cheek. One day I did that to him and he looks at me with all the love in his heart and says, "Mommy, I pet you, too," and he "pets" my arm. He then looks at me and says, "and I pet Foster, and I pet Miller." This boy sure loves his momma and his dogs!

Little Man has a love/fear relationship with car washes. We pass several during our daily commuting, and he always exclaims loudly, and as if he's surprised at seeing that same car wash again, "Look! There's a car wash!! It has nothels, and hothes, and brushes, and soap. Yep, car wash is noisy.It has nothels..." Says it every single time.

The Husband usually gets up with Little Man in the mornings, and the two of them get to spend some quality father/son time together while momma sleeps in a bit. (not too much, mind you, like until the decadent hour of 7:30). Anyway, when I do get up and go into the den, Little Man usually points his finger at me and says rather loudly, "NO!! Go in the laundry room! You go in the laundry room!!!" He might also whine, stamp his foot, and flail his arms about at the same time. (Good morning to you, too, Little Man.) The laundry room is where we lock the dogs when we need them out of our way, that's the only reason I can think of that LM says this. Lumped in with the dogs, again.

"Hi Mom. You are Mom. Mom..... No, your name is Erin." Me, "I am Mommy." Little Man, "No, you are Mom." It went on like this for a few minutes before Little Man agreed I was "Mommy" again. Two and a half is too young for this!

"I got a skunk in my pants, gotta get that skunk out. Gotta get the stink off of me." (he says this sometimes when he has a dirty diaper)


Little Man has learned to open the fridge, and one day he saw two small bottles of pedialyte. He thought they looked quite yummy, so he asked if he could have one. I told him, "no, those are for when you are sick, and you aren't sick now." A day or two goes by, and one morning he comes up to me, snuggles with me, and is so sweet and loving. He's usually all about Daddy in the morning, so I jokingly asked him, "Are you sick or something?" He looks at me solemnly, goes to the fridge, and gets out the little bottle of pedialyte. He carries it over to me with the saddest look on his face, then says in the most pitiful voice he can muster, "Mommy, I sick, I so sick. Can I drink it?" How could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment