Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Shift...

I'm happy to say that things are looking up around here. And, no, nothing has really changed, except for my perspective, I guess.

BTW, I just reread my last post, and, wow what a whiny baby I can be. After I read it I half wanted to delete it, but it is what it is, and that truly IS how I felt that day, so I left it. Judge away, if you must.

We've all been a little sick these past few days, since Saturday (it's now Wednesday) actually. All of us are on the mend except for Little Man, so I took him to the doctor today. I was worried it was the dreaded swine flu. I'm now laughing at myself for thinking that, but I looked up all the symptoms, and we had them all. We also know a few people who've had it, and may have been exposed, as they say. The only thing lacking in our symptoms was the severity. So I was kind of hoping that maybe we caught it, but only a mild case, so then maybe we had developed an immunity to it. That would be good, right? Turns out we only had one of those pesky summer viruses, no doubt brought home from Parent's Day Out by one of the kids. Mystery illness solved, and extra fluids, rest, and hugs ordered for Little Man.

Now the kids are both napping, and at the same time! A miracle, this happens maybe once a week! So I'm catching up on some "me" time. Emails, blog reading, facebooking, and now a nap. It's turning out to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment