Baby Girl is at the 11-month mark, and in the final stretch of her first year. It's so bittersweet to watch her grow. On one hand I just love seeing her develop and grow. Each new day brings about some exciting new skill, or shows a bit more of her personality. Every day has the feeling of knowing that you're going to get a present, but of having no idea of what it could be. So thrilling! Like most parents, I'm sure, her growing up is also a bit sad to me. My tiny little newborn is long gone, and each day I realize more and more that her babyhood won't last forever. I know that change is good, growing is definitely good...but I still miss my tiny baby. When Little Man was this age, we were already ready to try for another baby, and it wasn't so hard to let go of his babyhood. I think this will be my last baby, however, and every fleeting second seems so precious to me. Children are such a blessing and a joy!
Here's what sweet Baby Girl is doing these days...
Pulling up on anything and EVERYTHING, a scrap of cloth, a piece of lint (wink), you name it she can pull up on it.
Cruising like a champ
Standing on her own, without holding onto anything, for several seconds
Climbing stairs - she can climb the entire length of our staircase in seconds flat. No more forgetting to put up the baby gate!
Trying to climb other things, the step stool, chairs, the other day I found her in the toy box. She had climbed in and was stuck!
Drinking from a sippy cup, just water, unless we go to grandma's house, then grandma gives her juice. Baby Girl goes insane over it! Crack for babies!
Refusing baby food, or anything pureed. Evey yogurt, which she loves. She's stubborn about it, if she can't pick it up herself, she doesn't want to eat it.
Singing herself to sleep. This is the sweetest thing! Little Man did this when he was a baby, and I've never seen another baby do it, but they hum to themselves when they're falling asleep. It sounds almost like a kitten purring, it is so precious!
Saying several words: Mama, Dada, Baba (brother), dogo (doggie), bye-bye, uh-oh, and a-oo (thank you). The fact that she says thank you at appropriate times is amazing to me, but we really encourage Little Man to use it, and I guess she's been listening.
Baby Girl also gives the best hugs, she's a very cuddly baby, just like she should be!
She still nurses. My goal was to nurse as long as I could, up to her first birthday. However, I decided I didn't want to wean her in the middle of the cold and flu season, especially this cold and flu season, which in September has already been record-breaking. So I hope to continue nursing until the Spring.
Sweet Baby Girl, 11 months old - hard to believe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment