A few cute quips about the kids -
Baby Girl has a few new words. Well, a lot of new words, since it's been forever and a day since I've posted about her. Her new favorite phrase: "I want cookie." Many of her new words have to do with food, as my girl likes to eat! Last night The Husband, Baby Girl, and I went out to eat. (Little Man was at grandma's house.) As The Husband and I were getting ready, my little daughter walked into the bathroom, looked up at her daddy, and said, "Eat. I want snack. I want cookie." It was absolutely melt your heart in your chest cuteness.
Little Man is growing up into such a sweet little boy. He went to Vacation Bible School for the first time last week, and I was so proud of him. He had the time of his life. Every day he came home so full of excitement, telling stories about his day, about his friends, and how much fun he had. Our neighbor's kids were going to the same VBS, so after the first day they offered to drive Little Man there and bring him home. So sweet. Little Man, my child who usually clings to me in new situations, went without a second thought. Of course, one of his best friends, Z. belongs to our neighbor, and the thrill of getting to ride in the car with his little friend was incentive enough for him to go without mom. It was a big step for both of us, and a lesson in letting him go. On the last day of VBS, I asked him what he learned that day, and he said, "That heroes (the theme for the week was how even little people can be heroes) are brave and save the day. And don't ever let anyone put you down." Ahhh!!! It was so cute, I felt like my face would break I was smiling so big, and I had to try very hard not to laugh. It was just the cutest thing. :)
Life has been good, so very good lately. I've really tried to focus on the good, and when I get stressed or overwhelmed I go grab a little person and hug them and tickle them under the chin and just enjoy the moment. Are there piles of stuff still waiting to be done afterward? Yes, but the stress is gone. And as life always does, when you put "good" out into the universe, it always comes back to you. On a random night a few weeks ago my friends and I had a girl's dinner. It ended way too soon, so on the way home I stopped at the bookstore and roamed the aisles. I just randomly picked up the book Eat, Pray, Love, and just as randomly decided to buy it. All I can say is wow, just wow. Amazing. I hope I can hold on to the feeling of that book forever.
On another note, I need to update on my mom, and I can say it again, "LIFE IS GOOD! GOD IS GOOD!" Mom had her surgery, how long ago was it, 5, 6 weeks ago? However long since I've written in this old blog, I know that. Well, the surgeon was able to remove all of the tumor, it hadn't appeared to have spread, and he did not recommend further treatment. Have a little surgery, cured of malignant cancer. How about that?! Of course, mom will have to be monitored for a while, and will have regular scans to make sure the thing doesn't come back, but at this moment that is all she needs. She did very well in the surgery, and very well in her recovery. She had major surgery on a Thursday and was home on a Sunday. Back to work part- time two weeks later and now is at work full-time. The kids have to be a bit careful around her, but they love to look at her scar, which I have yet to see (that's on purpose, too!). Wow, I'm getting a bit emotional just thinking about it, it's been a few weeks since I've seriously thought about it. What a precious gift we all were given, Mom, my step-dad, me, my children, that Mom's cancer was found. What a precious gift that the golf ball-sized, malignant tumor was able to be surgically removed. What a precious gift that Mom didn't need nasty chemo or nasty radiation. What a precious gift that my children have a healthy Gram in their lives.
God is so very good to us!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment