Monday, June 28, 2010

Little Disciplinarian

Baby Girl's definitely picking up on the "goings on" around here. Tonight, in a moment of quiet, she ran to the fireplace with all it's tiny black rocks, grabbed a fist full of them, and threw them as far as she could. When it happened I didn't even say anything, just looked up in surprise, then watched in amazement as my sweet baby walked herself over to the staircase and sat on the bottom step. The naughty step. Now Baby Girl has only been in time out maybe twice in her life, and it was probably for decking her big brother. When I try to recall her rare time outs I just remember funny, with me trying not to laugh as I led her somberly to the bottom step and her looking at me as she smiles and giggles. Not really much of a time out, really, but she's one, so that's okay. Tonight, though, I think she got it, even though Momma laughed the whole time she sat there. She did something she knew she shouldn't, and she took care of the consequences. She was actually really proud of herself for it. Self-discipline's a hard pill to swallow, but my baby girl's doing all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment