I'm not sure why I'm such an emotional mess right now, but I am.
Take a look at my recent posts and you can see it for yourself.
Maybe I should have thought of that before I went through the kids' old clothes.
Little Man and Baby Girl each have a big plastic bin that sits on the floor of their closet. When something has gotten too small, or is out of season, I put it in the bin. That way I know that if something's hanging up, then it fits, and I clear room in their closet for new things. Anyway, it had been a year since I went through the bins, and they were overflowing. So in my very emotional, I'm having a good cry at least once a day (the good kind, but crying none-the-less) state, I decide it's time to sort out the clothes into keep, donate, and consign piles.
I cried.
A lot.
Each outfit has such memories.
Little Man was wearing this when he did his cute happy dance in front of the fridge while holding his Lovey and with his blue paci in his mouth.
Baby Girl came home from the hospital in this.
Little Man's adorable john john's, which The Husband wouldn't let me put on him after he turned two.
First Christmas pictures in these outfits.
First snow in this jacket, with cute little mittens and hat.
Little Man's hospital blanket- I lost it on that one.
A t-shirt of Little Man's that read, "I didn't do it." That was my father-in-law's favorite shirt, he loved it and we would put it on Little Man when we would go visit the in-laws. Pocker's favorite t-shirt. I really lost it on that one. Packer would just love Little Man and Baby Girl if he could see them now.
Whew....sorting done. I'm now able to put a lid on the bins and store them in the attic. I have a nice pile to go to Goodwill, and a decent pile to take to the consignment store. I've had my (second) good cry for the day, and it's only one o'clock. I think I'm going to chunk being productive and go have fun with my babies for the rest of the day.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment