Monday, February 1, 2010

Disappointment

The trip has been cancelled.

Thank you, Mother Nature, for making it impossible to surprise V. with a visit.

The very roads we were to drive upon have a 1/2" of ice on them, covered by varying amounts of snow.

We could probably make it, most of the drive is interstate, but who wants to turn a 4 hour trip into a 10 hour trip. Much less take the chance of wrecking the car.

I'm so disappointed. Not only that I can't go visit V., but that I can't even commiserate with her, she didn't know we were coming! We didn't want to tell her that the trip was cancelled because we're hoping to try the surprise again in a few weeks. We don't want to give her the heads up, you see.

We are now working with her husband to try to schedule another visit, it's going to be at least three weeks. :(

This is so petty, but it's KILLING me to see comments on V.'s facebook page that say something like this, "It was so good to see you and meet the baby....blah, blah, blah."

These are from people she's admitted she doesn't even know very well, as they've only been in their current city for a year.

I'm not even going to write down the childish, immature thoughts I'm having right now.

Sigh.

Ok, I'm good, really I am, just needing to get a bit of frustration out.

No comments:

Post a Comment