Little Man is grandchild number four for my in-laws, so the grandparent names had long been established before LM's arrival. When LM was about 1 1/2 and just starting to talk we realized he didn't really care for Grandma and Grandpa's names, as he had given them new ones. Monger and Pocker. He still uses them to this day.
We love us some crackers at our house. Any kind of cracker at all. Our favorites, though, are Ritz and Cheese Its, or "Cheesetulls", as LM calls them.
Of course, the ever popular "aminal" for "animal."
We were working in the yard today, and while I was digging a hole for a plant, LM goes, "Oh, that's a good hole, Mommy." So I told him thank you and let him know that he was a good encourager. He replied, "Yes, yes I mam." (that's LM speak for "yes I am")
Little Man is very observant - the other day he stated, "The zoo has lotta smells."
Like every child, Little Man goes through phases where unless it's cookies, cake, candy, or ice cream, he won't eat it. During one of these phases, The Husband and I were trying to entice him to eat his dinner, specifically his chicken. I know I mentioned that Little Man loves Mighty Machines, especially the episode about the farm. So on this night, The Husband and I were getting nowhere with LM, who was in danger of going into a diabetic coma from too much sugar throughout the day, and The Husband says, "put that chicken in the combine!" (the combine = Little Man's mouth, in case you were wondering) So now, every once in a while, during a nice quiet (ahem) dinner, Little Man well yell out, "Put that chicken in the combine, chew it up!" All I can say is, it works :)
I call these posts "Little Man is too cute!" because I tell LM that he's too cute all the time. Now he's started using the phrase himself. He'll do something that he thinks is funny, and he'll yell out, "I too cute!"
Here's how a conversation went between LM and me the other day,
Momma - "Little Man, do you want to go to the store with Daddy or stay here with me?
LM - "I go to store with daddy. I sorry, but I love my daddy."
LM has gotten into the habit of replying to "I love you" with this phrase, "Yep, you do love me."
We don't use the baby monitor much for Baby Girl, as she's usually within earshot. Since she's started sleeping more upstairs, though, we've been using the monitor more. LM is not yet used to us using it for her, and he gets a little worried when he hears her cry through it. A few days ago she started crying as she woke up from her nap, and LM said urgently, "Mommy, Baby Sister's trapped in there!"
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment