It was "one of those days" around here today. A day where nothing catastrophic happened, but lots of little things happened.
Again, and again, and again.....
So by dinnertime, when The Husband was still at work and I was alone with these heathens, I mean kids, I'd had enough. I was to the point where I was thinking of putting the kids in a box in the front yard with a sign that read, "Free to a good home."
(not really, but a mom can daydream, can't she?)
Anyway, after the kids went to bed, late, of course, I decided I needed an attitude adjustment. So here goes,
(and btw, I totally stole this idea from a blog I read a few years ago, not the exact words, but how it's presented. If I remembered where I read this, I would give credit, but I don't...)
I'm thankful for my messy, cluttered house because it means that a family lives here.
I'm thankful for my dirty house because it means that I spent quality time with my children today.
I'm thankful for not getting to see enough of my husband because it means he has a job and can earn a living.
I'm thankful for my "bigger than I'd like" belly because it means that I've had the privilege of bearing children.
I'm thankful for my meager bank account because it is the result of me being a stay at home mommy.
I'm thankful for Little Man's tantrums and teenage-like behavior because it means he is developing a strong personality that can carry him far in life.
I'm thankful for family drama because it means that I have a family that loves me.
When you put it like that, it doesn't seem so bad...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment