Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And we're off...

It's June, probably the most craziest month of the year for our family.

Why is June, of all months, so crazy, you ask?

Well, in my immediate family there are seven birthdays in June. These include one sibling, two grandmothers, two mothers, and two fathers. My step-father's birthday is the day after Father's Day. My dad's birthday is one week after Father's Day. And, oh yes, there's Father's Day, too. The "What to buy for the dad's??!!" question becomes a constant thought in my mind starting in early May. I still have no idea what I'm going to do for the dads, they are always so hard to buy/do for. They do have hobbies, but we've all exploited those hobbies for so many years, I mean how many fishing/golfing/Harley gifts can dad's receive before it gets old? We've also done the picture gifts a few times. Again, how many picture coffee mugs/mouse pads does one dad need? Mom's are easy, take them out to lunch, or for a manicure, send flowers, or give a coffee or book gift card. The moms absolutely love these things. Dad's....hmmm. This year I'm drawing a blank. Not to mention that our gift budget for June is only rivaled by our gift budget for December.

Sigh (I seem to be doing a lot of sighing these days, I promise it's not all that bad!)

Maybe if I don't think about it, then it will all go away. You think?

No comments:

Post a Comment