Monday, March 28, 2011
One Day
Wow, we are having one of those days. Actually, it's probably just me, but it seems like we've "had one of those days" for several days in a row now. The kids are doing crazy stuff. Actually, it's probably just normal kid's stuff, but mercy! Seriously. I know that one day my house will be clean, and quiet, will stay clean, and be mostly clutter-free. I know that one day I will be able to finish a simple task quickly, without an interruption (or twenty), and that I will easily be able to check off everything on my to-do list. I know that. I tell myself that when it takes me 20 MINUTES to unload the dishwasher, because I'm constantly having to stop and attend to something the kids need. Even though I set them up with a game, or colors, a book, or even a cartoon beforehand. One day I'll be able to cook dinner without a toddler literally hanging off my leg, and often repeatedly pulling down my pants in the process, saying, "Hold you, hold you" over and over again. And without a preschooler crying and throwing a fit because a toy isn't working right, or he wants to do something that requires grownup hands and my hands are busy at the stove. One day everyone will eat the meals that I cook, and enjoy it, instead of taking one look at something they loved yesterday, grimacing, and saying, "I dooonn't like it." One day everyone will go to bed without a tantrum, or without dragging the process out to 2 HOURS with "I have to go to the bathroom (when they don't), or "I need a drink of water", or whatever comes to mind to drag out bedtime for 5 more minutes. One day the The Husband and I will have enough energy after the bedtime process to have a real conversation. As it is, we have several pressing family matters that need attending to, but since one of us passes out before the other finishes making sure Little Man is asleep and won't come running downstairs the second we make it down ourselves, those important conversations aren't happening. One day. Oh, I know that this time is fleeting, and I'm not wishing it away. Truly I'm not. There's a big part of me that wants them to stay little forever. I know that soon enough they'll be rolling their eyes at me, and saying, "Mo-om" at everything I say or do. Soon enough they'll think I'm a do-do and don't know anything about anything. Then they'll go to college, leave, get married...my house will be clean and quiet....and I will miss them so much. I will miss this so much. I know that. This is just a little vent. Sometimes it's hard that I feel like I never get anything done, and that my house is always a mess, even though I clean everyday. Sometimes it's just frustrating. But it's so rewarding, and lovely. I love my kids! I am SO BLESSED!! There isn't anywhere else I'd rather be. I am so very, very, very thankful that I am able to stay home with my precious gifts, my two slices of heaven. Some days, like today, I just need to remind myself of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment