So...wow, it's been about three years.
Since then, the hubs and I had a little falling out. I broke out of the fog of denial and realized my marriage was abusive. That the Hubs was a controlling, alienating, manipulative, and, yes, abusive, POS. I realized this when he laid his hands on me for the first time, not to hurt me, but to intimidate and manhandle me, and then afterwards I had to leave the house with the children on three separate occasions because he was enraged and looked like he wanted to chop me into little pieces.
So eventually, I left.
That was 13 months ago.
We are about three weeks from our divorce being finalized, and it sucks.
The kids are with him for the next five days, and not having them here for Christmas is horrible.
I am reading a blog called "One Mom's Battle," and it captures the essence of my situation perfectly.
My world has fallen apart, but I am slowly putting it back together, for me and for my children.
We have so many blessings, so much to be thankful for.
We will be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment