Friday, February 11, 2011

Story of my life

Wednesday night I got a black eye, a BAD black eye, courtesy of Little Man's hard head. He was being goofy, I wasn't paying attention (didn't realize I needed to) and his head went - BAM!- into my face. Ouch. It rattled my teeth and I heard a "crack." I'm really not sure where that crack came from, unless he broke one of my facial bones, which is entirely possible, but who knows. Anyway, all is well, I'm a bit sore, I look like I've been in a fight, but in the end Little Man is okay and so am I.

So, less than 24 hours after the head banging incident we get a call from a friend of ours. A professional photographer friend. He hasn't taken pictures of us since The Husband and I were engaged, oh, about 7 years ago. Any-ole-how, he asked if he could do a family photo shoot... for a local magazine...ASAP.

I have an impossible to hide, swollen and red cheekbone and now deep purple (a color I didn't even know existed in nature) eye and I get asked to be a a photo shoot for a magazine. Huh. Go figure.

Story of my life. Can't help but laugh at it.

The good news is, I think our friend can wait a week. Surely the black eye and bruised cheek will have healed by then? I only hope I don't fall down on this ice and bust my lip before then. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment