Sunday, January 9, 2011

The OCD Wagon

This self-professed OCD clean/neat freak has fallen off the wagon.

My house is a disaster. All the time.

Why clean when the little munchkins destroy it faster than I can work?

Seriously, I take time to clean the kitchen, and in the meantime they've pulled every toy out of the toy closet. So I put the toy closet back together and they've gone upstairs and dumped all the cars, dinosaurs, etc. out onto the floor. I can have them help me clean up, and I do, but that takes
f o r e v e r .

I'll go on and say that it's not lack of time that keeps me from cleaning, it totally isn't. If I stayed off facebook, and stopped reading blogs, and turned off the tv I could get a lot done. Maybe. Some days I DO turn off the computer and tv and still not much gets done.

Thankfully The Husband doesn't mind, or really notice, for that matter. He could live in a hovel, and as long as he had ramen noodles in the pantry and clean boxers he could go on unaffected.

I've just lost my motivation. Really. Why bust my behind when by bedtime it's a disaster all over again. Toys everywhere, yogurt/applesauce/take your pick smeared all over the kitchen counters/chairs/floor/cabinets/table/take your pick.

We've discussed hiring some help, but that seems silly. I am a stay-at-home-mom, after all. Plus it's not that the house is impossible to clean, it just doesn't stay clean. It literally makes me think, "Ahh, bleecch," when it's time to clean.

Well, Little Man starts going to school five days a week next year (sob!!), maybe my house will be clean then.

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment