Friday, November 26, 2010

A cookie by any other name

Little Man and Baby Girl got into the habit of eating a granola bar every morning for breakfast. For a long time I was okay with it, I mean, it was better than a doughnut or super surgery cereal, right? But we've come a long way on our healthy eating journey, and while we don't always follow the right path, we really, really try to. So I came across a recipe for homemade, chewy granola bars. Granola bars without refined sugars, artificial ingredients, and preservatives, all right! The ingredients are simple, oats, natural peanut butter, coconut oil, and whatever mix of added ingredients you want - coconut, nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate, pretty much whatever sounds good to you. So I made some - they were delicious. I ate them up. Baby Girl ate them up, too. Little Man, however, didn't take to them. They were "different" from his beloved granola bars, and he didn't like that. I kept offering them to him, and he kept refusing them. So one day I decided to call them something different. Something like,

"Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie."

Guess who ate it right up?

No comments:

Post a Comment