Well, we received some bad news yesterday morning. We learned that The Husband's brother, who travels quite a bit to out-of-the-way places for work, was in Haiti on Tuesday.
Thankfully, his hotel was not damaged too badly in the earthquake, and he is fine. We think some of his coworkers may not have been as lucky, but, like everything else in this chaotic situation, no one knows for sure yet.
Of all the places to be.
We are blessed beyond belief to know that he is alive and mostly well. We know he made it to the Embassy at some point, and he's been able to make contact a few times over the past few days. He's now trying to evacuate. The Husband has flown out to meet him. The Brother's had several reservations on many different flights, but his reservations keep getting pushed back, the planes are so full.
It continues to be a waiting game. When will The Brother get out, when will The Husband get to see him and then come home?
My heart aches.
The news coverage is horrible, gut-wrenching.
The Brother will surely be a changed man, and I feel for him, as I do for everyone there, for all the death and tragedy they must be witnessing.
My heart hurts for everyone in this horrible, horrible situation.
Words cannot describe it. I myself feel shell-shocked, and I have only watched the news coverage on the television while sitting on my couch and having all the comforts of an intact home. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to be there.
God has been good to us. He always is, but especially so this week.
Anxiously awaiting to hear that The Brother is on a plane, safe and sound.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment